Introduction: How to Do 3D Anamorphic Artwork and Sidewalk, Street, and Driveway Art

Hello,
My name is "Grease" and this is my first Instructable.
I would similar to "Thank You" for stopping by.

Have you lot e'er seen the 3D Anamorphic pictures that Julian Beever has drawn on the sidewalks, streets and driveways
.
Well, this is my version of doing it, on printed paper, from your computer.
I did practise a chalk drawing of the lighter.
You volition take to become to step 8, to run into all the pictures.

It is pretty simple to do.
I did all my artwork in Coreldraw X3.
Any Vector program would piece of work.

I used a cigarette lighter, as the artwork.

I call up it worked out quite well!

If you want to learn my technique,
delight keep on...

Can You tell which is the Real lighter??

Yet, another 3D drawing instructable that I made.
Here is where it is located:
3D Drawings in Autodesk Sketchbook Pro 6

Step 1: The GRID

The commencement thing I did was draw the grids as shown beneath.
I drew the blue grid get-go.
Then I added perspective to the bluish grid and turned it into a black grid.
(you could trace over my grids)

In Coreldraw X3 I used the Add Perspective Effect.

Footstep ii: Identify Object in the Grid.

Then I inserted my artwork that I wanted to be 3D.
As shown the cigarette lighter.

And so group your object and the black grid.

I had to convert the lighter to vectors, or the
Add together perspective event would not work.

Ok, on to the the next stride.

Step 3: Add Perspective to Object and Black Grid.

Now, using the Add Perspective Event.
I lined upward the black filigree with the blue grid, equally shown.
I used a lot of pushing, pulling and nudging the nodes in
Add together Perspective manner.

This would be the printed image, you would bring to the
sidewalk to depict from.

Draw a grid on the side walk, then re-create the lighter into
the grid!
You would want to depict your grid very lightly, and then you could
erase or chalk in with the driveway color.

You could also make your filigree from some pinstripe record.
Then peel the tape upwardly, subsequently yous accept a practiced sketch washed of
your artwork.

Pretty simple, eh...

Footstep 4: Remove Black Grid and Add Shadows.

Now, I removed the grids.
Which were on dissever layers.
I had to ungroup the lighter and blackness filigree, first.
Then removed the grids.

And I was left with the distorted lighter.
Then I added the shadows to match the other real lighter.
Or you could use the bodily shadows from the original.

You could leave the blue grid on.
Print out a copy.
Bring that fine art work with you lot to the sidewalk, to grid it out.

Yous would take to draw your grid very lightly on the sidewalk
then simply draw your image every bit it appears in the grid.

Ok, this is my final image, which I would print out
on my inkjet printer.

Pace five: Photo With Photographic camera on Tripod.

This is the printed copy photographed.

I had my camera on a tripod.
With no flash.

You lot will have to adjust the tripod to friction match with the 3D object.

VoilĂ !

You could impress some stickers, or use information technology as a guide to go to the sidewalk
and draw it.

Now to peek at what the Artwork looks similar, caput on!

Step 6: Actual Picture of Stretched Artwork.

Here is the original lighter with the printed copy next to it.

Pretty amazing, huh...

Check another pictures I did...

Step 7: My 3D Newspaper Examples

Here a few I did..

NO photoshop involved!

I am sure this technique could be applied to the Sidewalk method.

You would only make sure yous have a good 3D picture to start with.

Annotation, the 3D shadow is wrong, with the pocketknife.
Two lights, peradventure?

Promise you all Enjoy!!!

Proceed to Step eight, to run across my chalk drawing!

Footstep 8: My Start 3D Chalk Cartoon. More to Come up...

Well, I'1000 no Julian Beever.

This is what I came up with..
The chalk drawing actual size is virtually 3 feet past 21 feet long.

I spent about six hours on information technology today..

I merely used the Thick Chalk you get at Walmart.
So, my palette was express.

Enjoy...

Update:
Just finished some other chalk cartoon today. 5-28-2009.
Hope you lot similar it.
I think information technology turned out rather well!

I did employ my filigree method to draw the gumball machine.
Also, had meliorate chalks this time.
Savour!
I hope you enjoyed my instructable!

2 People Made This Project!

Recommendations